I received this email today that I felt was worth sharing. The Maine Historical Society is the preeminent society in the State of Maine for preservation of our heritage. It’s worth joining if you can.
Get Your Feet Wet – Join Us!
We invite you to join Maine Historical Society today…
· Free admission to the changing exhibitions in the MHS Museum, and to the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, a National Historic Landmark.
· Invitations to exhibit openings, member parties, lectures, trips, and special programs for all ages.
· Access to the Research Library, reference staff, and online databases.
· Subscriptions to Maine History Journal, the only periodical dedicated to emerging scholarship on Maine history, and to our quarterly newsletter.
· A 10% discount in the MHS Museum Shop and MHS web-store. The discount also applies to personalized research services and historic image reproductions on Vintage Maine Images.
· Recieve online exhibits from Maine Memory Network, our statewide digitial museum on Maine History.
· The knowledge that your support is helping to preserve Maine’s historical and cultural heritage.